It's amazing how much impact one person can make on a young person's life. City MOGULS is on a mission to help youth during this extremely difficult time. We are working with our charity partner, Covenant House Toronto to pair up Canadian leaders with at-risk youth for mentorship.
Now more than ever, CH is looking for diverse mentors to support the youth that needs it most. We welcome community members to act as positive adult role models and provide guidance to youth when it comes to school, careers, and life.
The CH team carefully screens every applicant and pair successful candidates with youth based on compatibility and need. Find out if MOGUL Mentorship is for you!
MENTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The mentor’s role is critical to the personal and professional development of youth, who in the past have frequently lacked effective adult influences in their lives. Trained and supported by the Mentor Program staff, mentors are there to offer the youth consistent adult relationships beyond the program, and put into perspective the challenges of their day to day living and the factors needed for success. Mentors are an invaluable source of motivation and support to a young person with few other resources.
APPLICATION AND SCREENING PROCESS
· Short on-line application through City MOGULS followed by longer application through Covenant House
· Face to Face interview
· Personal and professional references
· Police Checks
· Covenant House Policies and Procedures
· Attend Orientation and Training
· Be willing to make a one year commitment with weekly contact and an in person meeting twice a month
· Be willing and able to meet with your mentee a minimum of 4 hours per month, throughout each month
· Attend Initial Orientation and Training prior to being matched
· Attend Meet and Greet Social Event – Get to know you event for Mentors and Mentees
· Attend ongoing Training sessions throughout the year
· Attend Mentor Roundtable – Support group and Monthly supervision
· Attend Mentor/Mentee group events, program recognition event as available
Help empower youth to make positive choices in their lives.
Entrepreneurs have a plethora of knowledge to share and what better way to do it than share it with youth who need it most. By teaming up with Covenant House Toronto, you can now run your own workshop to share business advice, employment tips, entering the workforce, and much more.
Workshops at this time will be taking place virtually but the value and inspiration that you might be able to provide an at-risk or homeless youth will be just as impactful.