Written by: Sophie Warlow
This year has been anything but traditional. Even though 2020 has taken a lot away from us, it has also been a year of growth, innovation, and new traditions. We have all pivoted our businesses more times than we can count and now it’s time to pivot our holiday traditions. This year is the year to support local businesses and try new things.
Here is a list of 25 things you CAN do this season to keep things festive and bright, while also keeping yourself and your loved ones safe and healthy:
1. Hand write holiday letters to your friends and family (bonus points if you buy cards from a local business)
2. Update your winter gear
Support a good cause and keep your head warm with a new hat from Tenfed
3. Decorate your house for the holidays
4. Learn a new skill.
Knitting, baking, yoga, painting, anything you have been putting off because “you don’t have enough time”!
5. Pull out your holiday pajamas and have a pajama day party with your family or friends over zoom
6. Indulge with treats from a local bakery
7. Drive around and admire the amazing holiday light displays in your neighbourhood
8. Walk along your main street and look at the holiday window displays
The Hudson’s Bay Holiday Windows in Downtown Toronto are on display now!
9. Do a virtual secret snowflake gift exchange over Zoom
10. Book time at an ice skating rink and spend some time outside
11. Purchase a new holiday themed mask
Check our Nicole Bach’s festive matching mask and scrunchie set
12. Organize holiday drinks and appetizers with your friends and family
13. Donate to a cause in need
Give the gift of hope this season and help the Covenant House Toronto support at-risk youth in Toronto
14. Try a new holiday recipe that you have been wanting to make
15. Warm yourself up with a festive scented candle
These are our favourites
16. Binge watch holiday movies
17. Drive out to a ski hill and spend the day on the slopes
18. Don’t know how to ski? Rent snowshoes and take a walk through our beautiful winter forests.
19. Experiment with a new makeup routine
Support a local brand and get new products from Cheekbone Beauty
20. Update your team’s headshots with sparkly new shots
Check out Dom Productions services
21. Pick up a book you have been waiting to read
22. Bake holiday cookies and share them with friends and family
23. Prioritize self-care with an at-home spa day
Order some spa day essentials from Bathorium to really pamper yourself!